No products in the cart.
How to Downgrade iPhone From iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 Or iOS 6.1.4 ? Apple’s recently announced iOS 7 has been the center of attention on tech blogs these days. What with its new modern color scheme, its funky new icons and many other improvements, everybody wants to experience it.
Unfortunately though, it’s still in the Beta stages and comes packed with bugs and various other software flaws which are yet to be addressed by Apple. The good thing is that if you’ve upgraded to iOS 7 Beta 1 but have to downgrade back to iOS 6, it is pretty easy to achieve this.
Note: If you’ve an iPhone 4S, it can be downgraded back to iOS 6.1.3 while the latest sixth-gen iPhone 5 can be downgraded to iOS 6.1.4.
What you’ll need to Downgrade iPhone From iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 Or iOS 6.1.4 ?
- iPhone 4S/ iPhone 5 Running On iOS 7 Beta 1
- Official iOS 6.1.3 firmware (for iPhone 4S) / Official iOS 6.1.4 firmware (for iPhone 5)
- Windows/ Mac PC
- Latest Version of iTunes On Your PC
Downgrade iPhone From iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 Or iOS 6.1.4 ?
It is recommended that you backup all of your data on the device via iTunes or iCloud.
- Fire up iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone.
- Click on the iPhone icon on the top left corner.
- Enter your device into DFU mode.
- If done correctly, iTunes will show your device in recovery mode. Now, press and hold SHIFT button on your Windows PC and click on Restore. For a Mac, press and hold ALT and click on Restore.
- A window will pop up, choose the firmware you want to downgrade your device to.
- Wait for iTunes do the rest of the work.
- Now, your iPhone is back on iOS 6.